Complete Guide On Roof Cleaning
By Modern Seal RoofingSeptember 26, 2022
Roof cleaning is a great way to keep your roof looking good, while also helping it perform better.
When your roof is dirty and stained, it can make your entire property look bad. By regularly cleaning and maintaining your roof, you can help prevent damage that could end up costing you a significant amount in repairs down the road.
Regularly scheduled roof cleaning services can also help prevent leaks and other problems that could cause damage to your home or business.
What are the main reasons for roof cleaning?
The main reasons for roof cleaning are:
- To remove algae, moss and lichen from the roof surface. This can be done with a pressure washer or chemical treatment.
- To remove bird droppings, which as well as being unsightly, can cause damage to the roof's surface if left untreated.
- To remove soot deposits that can occur after a fire or during a chimney fire.
- Cleaner air inside your home: When there's dirt on top of your house's roof, it doesn't just look bad; it also makes things worse for those who live inside with you! The buildup of dust particles on top of your house's roof can worsen allergies and cause asthma attacks in those sensitive to these allergens (such as children).
- To add value to your home: A good-looking, clean roof can add value to any type of property whether it's a house or business building by making it look more appealing and keeping it in good shape for a span longer than if left alone with no maintenance at all.
- To reduce energy costs: Cleaner roofs are less likely to absorb heat from the sun than dirty ones, which means that they require less energy to cool them down when it gets hot outside. This saves money on energy bills over time because you won't need as much air conditioning or heating during the summer or winter months.
- To preserve its life span: If you don't clean your roof regularly, then it will deteriorate faster than necessary, increasing replacement costs and shortening the life span of your home. Also, with more frequent cleaning comes less wear on your roofing material and siding as well as other components of your roofing system.
How to clean roof tiles?
Most people will only clean their roof once or twice a year; however, if you look at the surface of your roof regularly you will be able to see when it needs cleaning. In order to get the best results from cleaning your roof, here are some tips that you can use:
Here's how to clean a roof:
Step 1: Assess Damage
Before you start cleaning your roof tiles, it's important to assess any damage that may have occurred. This prevents further damage and ensure that you're cleaning them correctly. If there are any holes or cracks in the tile, then this is an indication that more serious problems may be occurring with your roofing system. It's best to contact a professional for assistance with this step.
Step 2: Remove Dirt with Pressure Washer
Once you've assessed the damage, it's time to move on to the next step — removing dirt from your roofing system! The easiest way to do this is with a pressure washer or high-powered sprayer. The higher pressure will help dislodge any dirt or debris that has accumulated on top of your tile and make it easier for you to clean off using a sponge or cloth later on in the process of cleaning your roofing system.
Pressure cleaning is the most effective way of removing dirt, moss and algae from your roof. It is also the most thorough method of cleaning. If you have a flat roof or any other form of roof that cannot be cleaned by hand or by using a ladder then pressure washing may be your only option for getting rid of these undesirable buildups.
How to prepare for roof cleaning?
Before you start your roof cleaning, make sure that you have all the necessary things. You will need a ladder, a bucket and detergent among others.
If you do not have any experience in cleaning your roof, it is advisable to hire professionals to do the job for you. This is because they know what they are doing and they will also ensure that safety precautions are taken before commencing the job.
Some of the crucial points to consider before starting your roof cleaning:
First of all, make sure that there is no one climbing on your roof while you are cleaning it. This can be done by locking everyone out of the house or closing the doors and windows so that no one enters during this time.
- Make sure that all objects below the roof such as furniture and plants are removed prior to commencing work so as not to obstruct the view of workers while they are cleaning your roof.
- If there are any loose tiles on your home's roof, then these should be removed prior to starting work as well because they might come off when hit by water from hoses or pressure washers used during cleaning operations which could cause injuries.
- Make sure that your ladder is positioned properly and secured.
- Wear appropriate clothing and shoes for the job.
- Put on gloves and goggles to protect yourself from debris and chemicals.
- Keep kids and pets away from the area where you will be working on your roof.
- Check for loose nails, screws and other metal parts that could fall off during the cleaning process
Why should you hire a professional for your roof cleaning requirements in Australia?
There are many reasons why you should hire a professional roof cleaning company to do the work for you. Some of these include:
Roof cleaning is not as simple as it may seem. You need to be careful when working on the roof and being able to balance yourself while trying to clean it is not an easy task. If you have never cleaned a roof before and don't know what you are doing, it could end up being very dangerous for you. A professional roof cleaner knows how to do their job safely and efficiently to get the job done right without putting themselves or anyone else in danger.
A professional will know exactly what they are doing when it comes to cleaning roofs. They have relevant experience under their belt, so they know exactly what they are doing and how best to go about doing it. They will be able to get finished with your job quickly and efficiently, which means less time spent on your part and more money saved!
If you are looking for a time-saving option then this is one of the best things that you can do. Roof cleaners have all the equipment and tools that they need for their work. They also know how to use them properly so that they can finish their work as soon as possible without much delay or hassle from your end. When you hire professionals, they will come with all kinds of equipment which makes it easier for them to clean your entire roof without any hassles on your part.
They have the right tools and equipment:
If you do not have the correct tools or equipment to clean your roof, then it will not be cleaned properly. In addition to this, if you use the wrong equipment, then it can cause damage to your roof along with other areas of your property such as walls etc. Therefore, it is always better to hire professionals equipped with tools and equipment for performing the task efficiently.
Experience of cleaning different types of roofs:
If you do not know how to clean different roof types such as tile or metal etc., then you might end up damaging them while attempting to clean them by yourself. Professionals always know how to clean different types of roofs without causing any damage so that they look perfect once again after being cleaned thoroughly.
How will Modern Seal Roofing help you with your roof cleaning needs in Melbourne?
Modern Seal Roofing is the preferred roof cleaning company in Melbourne. We have been providing our services to the local community for over 25 years and we have been making our customers happy since then. Our team of experts is committed to providing you with the best quality service at a competitive price.
Our goal is to treat your roof as if it were ours, which means that we will always do what’s best for your property and make sure that you are fully satisfied with our work. If you are looking for a professional roof restoration for your roof cleaning needs in Noble Park, then you can trust Modern Seal Roofing as we have been serving our local community for over a decade now.
We offers a wide range of services including:
- Roof cleaning - We offer professional roof cleaning services in Melbourne so that you can get rid of stains on your roof without worrying about any damage or discolouration.
- Gutter cleaning - We offer gutter cleaning in Melbourne so that your gutters can be cleaned thoroughly and properly so that no debris or dirt can accumulate inside them. This will ensure proper drainage of rainwater from your guttering system without any problems whatsoever.
- Roof repairs - We can fix leaks and replace damaged roofing material and also install new flashing and skylights, repair chimneys, replace gutters and downspouts, and more.
- Roof restoration - We specialise in restoring old, damaged and leaking roofs back to their original condition. Our experienced staff will ensure your roof looks as good as new!
For more details and related information, contact our experts today!